Thursday, October 30, 2008


Here to the right you will see a squirrel like falcon. I will call it a fuirrel. The fuirrel resides in the northern most parts of North America and bits of Canada. He mostly eats little rodents such as mice, acorns, seeds, and grass clippings. As we can tell he has the dietary preferences of a normal hawk and squirrel. To avoid national attention, he stays high up in the trees that have a lot of shading. On his back resides a tiny pair of wings. They do not look like they would be able to support his body mass, but surprisingly do. Able to adapt well to urban expansion, these creatures live within the backyards of most. Due to misconceptions, these animals are feared and not highly respected. They are thus the target of many hunters. People have also taken to shooting them in the backyards, and even setting up traps to kill them. Little do they know how harmless and friendly these little critters actually are. Aside from the claw marks they leave on housing, they are harmless, quiet and shy by nature.

1 comment:

Jack Bauer said...

I think it would be cool to have a guirrel as a pet. It would definitely being an interesting pet to have because it is, well, kind of wierd. It wouldn't be too difficult to keep it alive becuase of its main diet which includes acorns, seeds, and grass. As far as housing it, I would put it in a cage overnight and during the day when I'm out of the house. It would also help with the mouse problem at my house during the winter. Because Minnesota winters are so cold, lots of mice think it's cool to sleep in my house. I, on the other hand, do not think so. In addition to it being a good pet, it might also be a conversation starter because no one has probably ever seen one before.